ARS at Howard County Now Offers 3T Wide-Open MRI
ARS at Howard County is proud to offer our patients a GE 750W 3T MRI. This highly advanced technology combines the amazingly clear images of a 3T high-strength MRI with the comfort and convenience of an open MRI. 3T wide-open MRI is especially valuable for patients who need high resolution imaging for small joints or organs and those who tend to be claustrophobic or too large to fit comfortably in a traditional MRI.
Victor Bracey, M.D. Medical Director of ARS at Howard County and Board certified radiologist, says, “3T MRI produces stunning, very detailed images. That can translate to more precise, definitive diagnoses. And this GE 3T wide-open MRI is more comfortable for patients."
The benefits of this high strength, wide-open MRI include:
- Provides superb image quality to help doctors make the most accurate diagnosis possible
- Offers a spacious interior and wide view for a more comfortable imaging experience. The unique design includes a “short bore” about half as long as a traditional MRI. Combined with the ability to perform most exams feet first, this provides an unobstructed view during the exam
- Accommodates individuals up to 500 lbs. and those prone to claustrophobia
- Enables faster scan times
- Displays remarkably clear, detailed images of small joints, the brain and spinal cord, the breast and many parts of the abdomen and pelvis
- Performs non-contrast MRA studies, which is ideal for patients with poor kidney function or on dialysis
ARS at Howard County is conveniently located at 8820 Columbia 100 Parkway in Columbia, MD. The imaging center offers a full range of the most advanced equipment and procedures available, including MRI, CT, PET/CT, virtual CT, digital mammography, digital X-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and DEXA for bone density. Call 410.298.0454 for more information or to make an appointment.
More Articles and News
ARS Home Page